Sunday, October 23, 2011

On A Cooking Spree

I have this habit when it comes to cooking.   If I don't have exactly everything the recipe calls for, I just 'make do.'    Which might at times, tend to drive Ken crazy.  His favorite solution is "I'll run to the store for you right now and pick it up".   I never want him to go just for one silly little item.   I always answer, "no, I can use what I have here."     Consequently, my cooking does not  always turn out like I hoped.

So I decided to make this wonderful Pumpkin Spice Cake with Maple Frosting that was on Sommer's Blog.   And I decided that this time I would follow the recipe completely. The only alteration was I did not add the nuts on top.   And when I went to frost my 3-layer masterpiece.....there was so much frosting left that I had to use  gobs on top and finished up by covering the sides as well.    I'll have to show you what it was suppose to look like.

You would never know it was the same recipe would you!
A Spicy Perspective.Com


And then the weather turned chilly which made me know it was time for that wonderful Chili Recipe so this time I allowed Ken to go shop for every single thing the recipe called for.   Yummmmm.  I love the sausage in the chili.


Sommer's Chili
 

Milk 'n Crackers with a bowl of Chili

That cake was soooo big that I had to pack it up for the freezer.  But for sure, Ken and I are enjoying a slice every so often, waiting for an opportunity to share it with friends. 



No comments:

Post a Comment