Monday, October 15, 2012

WHAT IS IT?

Now that I have decided to break the silence of three months of non blogging, I will post a serious post and a 'for nothing' post.   This is my 'for no reason' post:
I became involved in the Groupon and Living Social Community around Christmas time last year.  This ment I was purchasing things on line for half price.   The vender gets half of that and Groupon or LS get the other half or one fourth of the going price.  It started out with items as  Christmas Gifts and it was fun.   After my Bible Study this morning, I see it was part of my Self indulgence.   I love to save money.  I purchased a number of restaurant Groupons, took family out to lunch or dinner and gave some of them away.  There were hair services, manacures, massages, 3-day get-a-ways, you name it.   Most of them turned out to be a good bargain and a few were duds in which I got credit back.
Having said all of that, I'm going to talk today about the results of purchasing for the benefit of taking Grandkids out to activities during the summer time.   I have already blogged about one art class which Hailey, Lily and Rosie did. 
http://grandkidsonly.blogspot.com/2012/03/art-class.html   And then there was the Purple Glaze experience which four grandkids did and that is posted on the Grandkid blog.   But about myself:
First of all, Sorenson has an employee party once a year and this year on June 7th, we were taken to The Purple Glaze.   I remembered the story of the Red Plate and I had no other thoughts in my mind so I decided to make a special Red Plate for special occasions.  Often when we have family over, I will use my red plates so I thought on Birthdays or Special Events, the special person could get the special red plate.  Well, it looked pretty pitiful when I was painting ... no one gave me any hints on how to do it so this is what was produced.  When I picked it up after firing a week later, I was very happy with the plate.  HOWEVER, it was cracked which made it no safe for use with food.    The lady was sorry and gave me a $25 coupon to come back in and make another one.  I never did.
Then on June 18th was when I took the grandkids and Ken back to the purple glaze for their Living Social Summer Activity.
I really did not want to make anything again because I wanted to take pictures and help the kids where needed.  But I ended up making a little snack dish or spoon holder ....however you wanted to use it.  When I went to pick it up a week later, it also was flawed.    I had put too much paint on the dish and when put in the fire, it had not dried enough so the paint separated.  Once again it was not food safe.

Then I also had a Living Social with the Tulsa Art Studio for four people.  I was going to take Paula and Barbie for a ladies night out but it got cancelled and was about to expire.   So Friday Oct 12, the Scharpf Girls went with me to use the $70 expenditure rather than loose it.    You can see that blog at 

The problem is, I have now decided that the artistic gene passed me by.  It was to be modern art using various mediums for depth and layers.   We were suppose to go with just anything.  We started with a blank canvas and she told us to tear up newspaper, scrunch it for depth and glue it on with matte paint.   I asked her if we were to have something in our mind about what we were making and she said no.  So my mindless creation continued to be a mindless creation as I worked through the two and a half hours of art class.  Ten minutes before the class was over, I told her I hated my work.  What I had created was 5 or 6 blobs of color and nothing flowed together.    I did observe that I must really LOVE red and yellow.     So the teacher helped me to swirl the colors together but it is still nothing.     I think I am a realist, I have to be able to see something that is real.  So I brought my unloved creation home and asked Ken for his help.   Out of this mess of canvas, newspaper, paint and eggshells, I asked him to tell me what he could see.    Out of the four angles the first is the one I find anywhere close to making any sense.   It is a whirlwind but there is an angel flying in and maybe another one behind him coming.
This one might be fire so maybe it is a fallen angel.   
This could be 'puke' from an upset stomach 
Maybe this is a volcano and Hawaii has decided to erupt. 
What Is It?

No comments:

Post a Comment