Monday, May 28, 2012

Today is Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day, the holiday set aside to remember those who have given their lives for our freedom.  In reality, there is a whole lot of 'first day of summer' kind of celebrating going on,and this year, people are flocking to the lakes by the thousands. 
I never was much for going to cemeteries or for putting flowers on graves.  I drive by and see flowers everywhere -- but our loved ones are not really there.   I just never developed an appreciation for that custom.   The past is over and I hope I've learned the lessons in life I should  learn, but life is all about living today to the fullness of God's blessing.  It is about making myself line up with God's Word and being more and more Christ-like each day.  Living a Christ-like. life  would be MEMORABLE.     

Today, I am working a six-hour shift at the Sorenson Call Center.  I've noticed the calls are a tiny bit slower -- people  are out and about.  But the major topic of the day is either no awareness that this is a holiday, or plans for cooking out.   So we have another holiday that has turned into a food fest -- this one concentration on BBQ or grilling.  The reason why I opted to work today is for the money....strictly about worldly cash ..... time and a half.    Ha-ha.

Perky Pimento Cheese

 Now I have done a bit of activity in the kitchen


In preparation for a cook out at the Scharph's home, I did potato salad, watermelon slices and Perky Pimento Cheese made with pepper jack cheese and sharp cheddar.  It was a hit. 
 The Scharpf Family went berry picking along with Bonita and her kids.  They picked Raspberries, Blueberries and Blackberries.  April is showing me the size of the berries.






No comments:

Post a Comment