Friday, July 2, 2010

Everything In Moderation --- What's That Mean?

At least two or three times a week, Sommer comes out with these beautiful photos and recipes of the wonderful food which she has created on her food blog:  http://www.aspicyperspective.blogspot.com/  
    Since I work practically every day, I had gotten where I cooked less and less.  But now I have these tantelizing recipes which are inspired by beautiful personal stories so, I want to try them.  But calories are a problem and now that the Papa is on a diabetic diet, I am doubly challenged.  Her Fresh Strawberry Yoguart Cake is so beautiful and I oh so much wanted to try it.  But 2 sticks of butter, 2 cups of sugar, white flour, powdered sugar??????? it don't fit the limit of 60 grams of carbohydrates per meal too easily.    But today I finally decided I was going to do it -- only I had used up my strawberries, so used what I had available and did it with fresh cherries. I may not have had enough cherries and   I don't think my cherries cried pink tears like Sommers strawberries did, but it is so moist and yummy.  Papa had his one piece and the rest will be given away or hidden in the freezer.  It has some healthy things in it -- lemon zest, lemon juice, greek yogurt, cherries.......can't be all bad. 
But the next time it may have to be that roasted beet salad with radishes and radicchio whatchamacallem, that I've never heard of.  It sure looks pretty Sommer.  http://aspicyperspective.blogspot.com/2010/06/sumptuous-salad.html#more

No comments:

Post a Comment