Monday, April 20, 2009

Trip to Dallas

We made a quick trip to Dallas to see Joel, Jennifer and Sydney. We were hoping we might also be introduced to Blakely but we only met her still growing inside Mommy. It was a great trip and wonderful to see our children as well as visit Covenant Church. Sunday morning we visited the youth group called legendary with our son, Pastor Joel. We loved their praise and worship, the preaching on friendship and how the young people shared that friendship in small groups at the end.
Covenant Church is unique in many ways. It is the most 'International' church I have visited. The choir alone represents 52 different nationalities. I love their music and their teaching. Being a Dallas Church, the adult services are much more sophisticated -- in decor, rituals, dress. It reminds me when I was a child and my mother also insisted that you act your best and dress your best in God's House. Even though I would not want to live in Dallas, it is nice to visit. Of course it is very special since we have children there.
The Blue Bonnets were in full bloom so before we left to come home, we visited a field for some photos.
Oh, I forgot to mention that on Saturday evening, we ate Ethiopian food at the Queen of Sheba .. yummy, spicy.Posted by Picasa

1 comment: