Friday, May 25, 2012

The Book of Job


Earth Closest To The Moon Day: Lunar Perigee
 In our Bible studies this week, we've been reading the book of Job.  Oh my, I have such a tremendous admiration for that man by the name of Job.  He had no Bible, no written directions, he lived by faith and his relationship with His God.  And God was so pleased with Job.
I can not imagine the devastation of serving a loving God and possible no knowledge of Satan's tricks on the faithful and then loosing every single thing you have.  Probably even God was silent during that time.  And then to be stricken with such a horrible disease probably similar to the man eating flesh yet, Job was not allowed to die.  Is there anything worse than loosing you children your source of livelihood, everything except a wife that recommends you curse God and Die.

Closer to Earth than its been in 18 years in its eliptical orbit.
 I'm impressed with his three friends as well.  They get a bad name later in the book but how many friends do humans have today that would come and sit with you in your pain and despair for seven days and nights and never say one word -- just mourn and suffer with you.    I don't know if I would do that for a friend but I hope I would care enough about a friend in a time of darkness.
The beautiful part of Job is even though he questioned and begged to die, he never turned against God.  It seems that God knew Job could handle anything that the devil could bring him. I know there is a lot more meaning to be learned from the Book of Job, but for now, this much is amazing for me.  Just to trust God no matter how challenging life becomes and just to be a friend to God and mankind is a humongous goal to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment